Phobias are far more common than you may realise. It’s estimated that more than 11% of people have some kind of irrational fear or phobia.
A phobic or fear response is something that is intended to protect us from danger. But sometimes that protection is misplaced or outdated. If you have a fear of something that is restricting your life, I can help you re-train this part of your mind to react differently.
The most common phobias tend to be:
- Fear of public speaking – do you feel cold and clammy, so nervous you don’t think you’ll be able to speak or just plain terrfied when you think of standing up in front of a group of people?
- Fear of flying – when you’re planning a holiday with friends or family, does the fear of getting on the plane override any excitement you might feel about the destination?
- Claustrophobia – Is a lift one of the most difficult places for you to be?
- Fear of sickness – When you hear that someone else has been sick, do you immediately think that will happen to you too, and this terrifies you?
- Fear of heights – Does climbing ladders and crossing bridges causes you to feel out of control and in a blind panic?
- Fear of dentists – I used to be terrified about going to the dentist. Does the thought of all those metal instruments in your mouth and the noise of the drill send you into a spiral of anxiety?
The list is endless, don’t worry if your phobia isn’t listed above. Panic and fears such as these are very common, and there are lots more too! I can help you to break free from those fears and help you to move forward so that you can live the life you love. Hypnotherapy can be so effective when working with phobias. I’m living proof of this as I had my dentist phobia cured using hypnotherapy and I now can go to the dentist without a fear or worry. So I know that you can let go of your fear too, whatever it is.
If you have something that is stopping you living your life the way you want to, contact me for a free no obligation chat to see how I can help.